Travel With Your SelfScore Mastercard And Be Rewarded This Summer!
School’s out and it’s time to travel around the world. During the school year, your SelfScore Mastercard has enabled you to buy groceries and pay the bills. But throughout the next couple of weeks, we want to know how your SelfScore Mastercard is empowering you to do more this summer. Sunbathing on the beach in the Philippines? Food crawling through the food stalls of Beijing? Studying in the library with your latte? Send those photos to us!
How to Participate
Between now and August 1st, visit our Facebook page, and post a photo of you wherever you are, and tell us how your SelfScore Mastercard is empowering you to do more this summer. For example, “I’m backpacking across South America. Booked my flight and hotel with my SelfScore Achieve Mastercard!” This photo competition is only open to current SelfScore cardholders, so your odds of being selected as a finalist will be higher than previous giveaways!*
Enter on Facebook (coming soon)
How We Will Select Finalists & Winner
We will select ten finalists, based on the creativity of their photo and caption. These ten finalists will each receive a $50 Mastercard Gift Card.* The photos and captions provided by each of the 10 finalists will then be uploaded into a Facebook Album for a week-long public vote between August 1st and August 8th. At the end of the public vote, the finalist who receives the most reactions (e.g. like, love) to their photo will win the grand prize: a $450 Mastercard Gift Card–for a total of $500 in Mastercard Gift Cards.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The “Competition” is open only to SelfScore’s existing cardholders who leave a comment on SelfScore’s “Summer Empowered” post. The comments must include the participant, where they are, and a caption on how their SelfScore Mastercard is empowering them to do more this summer. Participants must be 18 years old as of the date of entry. The Competition is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of SelfScore Inc. (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Competition. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of SelfScore, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Competition Period: Comments of participants’ photos and captions of how their SelfScore Mastercard is empowering them to do more are eligible for the ten finalists selection starting on July 18, 2017 and ending August 1, 2017. Comments must be submitted by August 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM PST to be eligible for finalist selection. The finalists will be selected by the Sponsor based on the creativity of their photo and caption by August 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM PST.
A Facebook Album public vote of the ten finalists’ photo to determine the competition’s winner will start August 1, 2017 and end August 8, 2017 at 5:00 PM PST. The winner will be selected based on a week-long public vote by August 8, 2017 at 5:00 PM PST. The week-long public vote will happen on Facebook where the ten finalists’ photo will be uploaded into a Facebook Album. At the end of the public vote, the finalist who receives the most reactions (e.g. like, love, haha, wow, sad, and angry) on their photo will win. In the event of a tie, the public vote will run for an additional 24 hours until a sole winner with the most reactions count is chosen.
4. How to Enter: Participants can submit their competition entry on Facebook. Participants will comment a photo of themselves and where they are, and describe how their SelfScore Mastercard is empowering them to do more this summer. The entry must fulfill all Competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of SelfScore. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of SelfScore.
5. Prize: Ten finalists will each receive one of ten (10) $50 Mastercard Gift Card. One winner will receive one (1) $450 Mastercard Gift Card.
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No prize substitutions are permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for SelfScore to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. FACEBOOK IS NOT A PARTICIPANT IN OR SPONSOR OF THIS COMPETITION.
Mastercard is not a participant or sponsor of this competition. Except as required by law, Mastercard Gift Cards (“GCs”) cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases where debit Mastercard is accepted. For complete terms and conditions, see https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/prepaid-cards.html. GCs are issued by Mastercard, a New York corporation. All Mastercard ® ,™ & © are IP of Mastercard.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
6. Winner selection and notification: Ten finalists and one winner will be selected for the competition. The finalists will be selected by the Sponsor based on the creativity of their photo and caption by August 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM PST.
The winner will be selected based on a week-long public vote by August 8, 2017 at 5:00 PM PST. The week-long public vote will happen on Facebook where the ten finalists’ photo will be uploaded into a Facebook Album. At the end of the public vote, the finalist who receives the most reactions (e.g. like, love, haha, wow, sad, and angry) on their photo will win. In the event of a tie, the public vote will run for an additional 24 hours until a sole winner with the most reactions count is chosen.
The finalists and winners will be notified via email within two (2) days following the finalists’ and winners’ selection. SelfScore shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to Winner’s spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winners cannot be contacted, are ineligible, fail to claim the prize within seven (7) days from the time award notification was sent, or fail to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as may be required, prize may be forfeited and alternate winners selected.
The receipt by Winners of the prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE Competition AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by you: By entering the Competition you understand that SelfScore, anyone acting on behalf of SelfScore, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to modify, print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation not otherwise specified, the entry and Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Competition, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. All photos used by SelfScore will first be reviewed and blurred to remove participant’s personal information (i.e. credit card number).
8. Terms: SelfScore reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, SelfScore may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by SelfScore. SelfScore reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
SelfScore has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, SelfScore reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless SelfScore and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS COMPETITION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Competition, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in San Mateo County, California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Competition is SelfScore, Inc. with mailing address 1010 Doyle Street, Suite 200, Menlo Park, CA 94025.